Yesterday we skipped spring and went straight to summer — any hotter and the chickens would’ve been laying hard-boiled eggs. Which didn’t thrill me exactly — I like more temperate climes — but we’re back in the teens today so it’s all good. Here’s a quick five things to start us off on a good foot this week.
1. Hot weather calls for cool salads, so last night I tried the avocado strawberry caprese salad from the new Love & Lemons Cookbook. Love the strawberries and tomatoes with fresh basil. I’ll be trying a few more recipes from the book this week.
2. Book surprises are the best surprises! This one came Friday from Penguin Random House Canada. (In case you’re reading this on your phone and can’t see, it’s The Minimalist Baker’s Everyday Cooking: 101 Entirely Plant-Based, Mostly Gluten-Free, Easy and Delicious Recipes.) Stay tuned for a review in a couple of weeks.
3. Soon we’ll be planting herbs like we did last spring. This year we’ll do some chamomile for the bees. (Bee-cause they love it!) Do you plant herbs? Flowers? Vegetables too? How does your garden grow?
4. My favourite new print from Minted for an upcoming post. It’s Slow Zebra by Nikkol Christiansen. I can’t wait to show you the rest! That post won’t be up until May because I’m waiting for a related book to come out, but I’ll have another fun Minted post and giveaway for you before then.
5. Are you following me on Instagram? I’ve got a fab giveaway for Canadian and U.S. followers coming up in a couple of weeks that you won’t want to miss!
Thanks for reading, everybody! Talk to you again very soon.